Our pre-k program, 4 year olds, meets four days a week, in the afternoon, have 18-20 children, a certified head teacher, two assistants and one participating parent each day. We offer an extended day pre-k program. Click here to find out more information about our Enrichment programs.
Pre-K tuition for the 2021-2022 School Year is $4,100. The registration fee is an additional $300.
Children learn best when they are actively involved in hands-on experiences with materials they can manipulate, and when these activities are valued more for the process than for an end product. While playing, children can experiment with objects, ideas, and fears. Since there is no right or wrong way to play, they cannot fail, and therefore, they are freer to take risks and be adventurous.
We want to reassure you that “just playing” is extremely valuable for young children, especially when materials and equipment are thoughtfully chosen and activities are well supervised.
Our program is designed to encourage a balance of child-initiated and teacher- facilitated activities. View our Pre-K Curriculum Map.
4 Year Old Curriculum
- Colors and shape
- Recognition of letters A-Z upper case
- Recognition of letters a-z lower case
- Rhyming and repetition
- Letter sound association
- Experience charts for field trips
- Writing class books
- Holiday experience charts
- Dramatic play
- Story time
- Listening and sequencing
- Answering comprehension questions
- Making predictions
- Vocabulary enrichment
- Speaking in complete sentences
- Use of scissors to cut accurately
- Use of pencils, crayons, markers and paint
- Reproduce shapes and letters
- Tracing and lacing
- Write first name
- Create books using drawings and dictation
- Writing center
- Counting the class daily
- Counting the days of the month
- One-to-one correspondence
- Graphing favorites
- Identify and recognize numbers 1-20
- Venn diagrams
- All about Me
- Likenesses and differences among people and families
- Field trips
- Signs and symbols of holidays and cultural events
- The store
- Community workers and helpers
- Making and following rules that keep us safe
- Observing and discussing seasonal changes
- Freezing and melting
- Magnet experiments
- Lizards in our playground
- Birds and nests
- Five senses
Exploring with many media
- Painting: at easel, murals, on paper towels, on coffee filters, on brown paper, on shapes at the easel, with eye droppers, marble painting, finger painting, sponge painting.
- Drawing: with crayons, markers chalk, colored pencils
- Cutting: paper of all kinds, fringing, playdough
- Collages: geometric shapes, paper strips, tissue apples and other fruit and vegetables, Q-Tips, shapes
- Singing: about the seasons, holidays, traditional songs, nursery rhymes
- Movement: jumping, hopping, galloping, skipping, swaying, dancing, parachute activities
- Rhythm instruments: sticks, triangles, bells, sand blocks, maracas, tone blocks with classical and traditional music.