The 2 year old playgroups meet twice a week in the morning, have up to 12 children per class, a certified head teacher, one or two assistants depending on class size, and one participating parent each day.
Playgroup tuition for the 2021-2022 School Year is $1,925. The registration fee is an additional $300.
Children learn best when they are actively involved in hands-on experiences with materials they can manipulate, and when these activities are valued more for the process than for an end product. While playing, children can experiment with objects, ideas, and fears. Since there is no right or wrong way to play, they cannot fail, and therefore, they are freer to take risks and be adventurous.
We want to reassure you that “just playing” is extremely valuable for young children, especially when materials and equipment are thoughtfully chosen and activities are well supervised.
Our program is designed as a gradual separation process.
2 Year Old Curriculum
- Rhyming and repetition
- Dramatic play
- Listening for entertainment
- Vocabulary enrichment
- Speaking in complete sentences
- Identifying parts of the story
- Encourage appropriate pincer grip
- Use of crayons, markers and paint
- Writing center
- Strengthen finger muscles via various fine motor activities including droppers, tweezers, play dough, finger plays and manipulation of small items
- Observing and discussing seasonal changes
- Freezing and melting
- Lizards in our playground
- Birds and nests
- Five senses
Children explore with different media
- Painting: at easel, murals, on paper towels, on coffee filters, on brown paper, on shapes at the easel, with eye droppers, marble painting, finger painting, sponge painting.
- Drawing: with crayons, markers, chalk
- Cutting: ripping paper, rolling playdough
- Collages: geometric shapes, apples and other fruit and vegetables, Q-Tips, shapes
- Singing: about the seasons, holidays, traditional songs, nursery rhymes
- Movement: jumping, hopping, swaying, dancing, parachute activities
- Rhythm instruments: sticks, triangles, bells, sand blocks, maracas with classical and traditional music