Our nursery school program, 3 year olds, meet three days a week in the morning, with 16-18 children in the class, a certified head teacher, two assistants and one participating parent each day.
Nursery tuition for the 2017-2018 School Year is $2,600
Children learn best when they are actively involved in hands-on experiences with materials they can manipulate, and when these activities are valued more for the process than for an end product. While playing, children can experiment with objects, ideas, and fears. Since there is no right or wrong way to play, they cannot fail, and therefore, they are freer to take risks and be adventurous.
We want to reassure you that “just playing” is extremely valuable for young children, especially when materials and equipment are thoughtfully chosen and activities are well supervised.
Our program is designed to encourage a balance of child-initiated and teacher-facilitated activities.
3 Year Old Curriculum
- Colors and shape
- Rhyming and repetition
- Holiday experience charts
- Dramatic play
- Story time
- Listening and sequencing
- Answering comprehension questions
- Vocabulary enrichment
- Speaking in complete sentences
- Use of scissors to cut accurately
- Use of pencils, crayons, markers and paint
- Tracing and lacing
- Writing center
- Counting the class daily
- One-to-one correspondence
- Graphing favorites
- Identify and recognize numbers 1-10
- All about Me
- Likenesses and differences among friends
- Signs and symbols of holidays and cultural events
- Community workers and helpers
- Making and following rules that keep us safe
- Observing and discussing seasonal changes
- Freezing and melting
- Lizards in our playground
- Birds and nests
- Five senses
Exploring with many media
- Painting: at easel, murals, on paper towels, on coffee filters, on brown paper, on shapes at the easel, with eye droppers, marble painting, finger painting, sponge painting.
- Drawing: with crayons, markers chalk, colored pencils
- Cutting: paper of all kinds, fringing, playdough
- Collages: geometric shapes, paper strips, tissue apples and other fruit and vegetables, Q-Tips, shapes
- Singing: about the seasons, holidays, traditional songs, nursery rhymes
- Movement: jumping, hopping, galloping, skipping, swaying, dancing, parachute activities
- Rhythm instruments: sticks, triangles, bells, sand blocks, maracas, tone blocks with classical and traditional music.